Thursday, March 22, 2012

Students Speak

Listen Up!

This segment is about the student: your online educational experience and perspective. Tell us your story here; your story is important to us!

Check out the Live Interview!

  After high school I attended UMASS in the Fall of 1991. In 1992 I worked a number of jobs in NYC, including doorman and bartender until landing a job with Sprint Communications as a maintenance technician. I moved to Georgia in 2002, staying with Sprint as a service assurance technician. In 2010 I was moved from Sprint to Ericsson, and kept the same position. In the Fall of 2010, I began taking classes again, this time at UWG. I continue as a full time employee and a part-time student.

  I chose UWG as the school for me for several reasons. For example, it’s the closest fully accredited university to Newnan, Georgia and the online classes fit my schedule better.

  With the idea of a traditional student being a 4 -year student straight out of high school, I can be described as a non-traditional student in many ways. I’ve come to believe that going back to school after living a little, out in the “real world”, is really one of the best ways to appreciate school. I am currently pursuing a degree in Business. So far, the courses are close to self-paced; I enjoy being able to log-in and work when I have the time to do so.

  I have come to believe that UWG needs to provide a more robust fully online list of degrees and programs. I would also very much like to see some classes geared to older, non-traditional students; the majority of classes that I have had seemed to be geared towards younger students.

  Depending on how much online programs expand here at UWG, I will continue to pursue my degree here. I have enjoyed my experiences at the university so far.

-Jeremy Morenzi

No comments:

Post a Comment